Wednesday, April 14, 2010

It was perfect

I always have my alarm set for 5:45am, which gives me enough time to 'snooze' the clock twice. I almost always do this. It is just my routine. But yesterday morning I was bright awake at the first beep of my clock. So I decided that it was an excellent time to do some more studying.

I am studying in Hebrews right now, and I was starting on the tenth chapter. I really like this chapter a lot, but I haven't finished my detailed look at it. Need to finish it today!

Anyway, it was talking about how the law in the Old testament was just a glimpse of the final redemption plan. And how the animal sacrifices were not sufficient, and they had to be made repeatedly. Every day, there were people making sacrifices. It never ended.

But Christ came in the form of man because only a perfect man could pay for sinful men. He came to take away the old and establish the new. He made His offering ONCE and it is STILL enough to cover all of our sins. I know that I forget many times how much more Christ is worth than any number of us put together. If we were to put all of creation on one side of the scale, and only Christ on the other, He would outweigh us in a second. I don't think that is really something we can grasp this side of heaven.

One of the things I love about this chapter is that it states that Jesus is sitting. Do you realize how significant that is? Christ is not in heaven, pacing around and wringing His hands about the state of this world. No, He is sitting. His job is complete. He has no concerns. He is fully assured of the sufficiency of His offering onto God. He does not need to try to do more good works or be a better person. He is PERFECT. He willingly gave up His life out of love. How incredible. Christ is in supreme control of the universe.

I am so glad that I have a Savior who knows what He's doing, and what is best for me. I'm so glad that He is in control. But you know what I love even more? I love that He is HOLY! He is set apart from all of us. An illustration that I like is this: Who is more like God; the angel Michael, or a worm in the ground? The answer...neither. There is nothing that we can compare God too, because He is totally separate from us. A part of that holiness is His purity. Can you imagine having an all powerful God who had an evil heart like us? How awful would that be? But no, He is all powerful and completely pure. Ah, I love it!

2 comments:

  1. you are beyond your years, as buddy mentioned the other day. we just love you...who you are encourages us so much. tell your mom and dad that your friends in hamburg said to tell them that they have one amazing daughter :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! That really means a lot to me. :)

    ReplyDelete