This Labor Day weekend was incredible!!! I think it's fair to say that this season in my life has involved a lot of working to get over fears. M and my church family have done so much to help me do that. I am in the process of becoming a very confident young lady, and am getting more adventurous by the day. :D
So, on Friday, M asked me to go with him and a group of friends on a rock climbing trip. It took a little persuading, but I said yes. My stomach was nervous all the way 'til we got to our climbing spot two days later. :P I was the first one to climb (which was good, seeing that it gave me less time to think about it), and I made it up to the top both times I went on Sunday. I couldn't believe that I was actually climbing a wall of rock. I did so much better than I ever did on a climbing wall.
While everyone else got a chance to climb, one of my friends showed me how everything was anchored on top. Then, I noticed a huge pile of boulders (it was a quarry) and decided to climb it! Two friends joined me and we got to the top just in time for the sunset. It was beautiful. I normally am really afraid of heights, but standing up there after having to climb there was so different! I probably would have danced if I had the room. That night was an adventure finding a camping spot, but it worked out in the end.
Yesterday was our last day to be there, so we got an early start. We climbed some different walls, and did my one quite easily and more confidently. Ok, I was a bit hesitant while I was still on the ground, but as soon as I started climbing, I was good to go. What I did more than anything yesterday was climb the boulders, which were everywhere! I don't think I've ever felt more adventurous (I need to get out more :P).
It was so much fun, and I felt like I was part of the group. They were all so encouraging and supportive. I couldn't have done it without them. M and I climbed to the top of the tallest boulder pile and the view was beautiful. It was nice to just spend a minute with him there and think about what I'd already accomplished. I am really excited to do more things like this in the future! I'm letting my fears fly away, one at a time..
No comments:
Post a Comment