Sunday, September 11, 2011

Growth

I like to go back and re-read my journals from the past years. Tonight I dove into my Germany journal which also included a few months before my journey. Before heading to Germany, I visited my sister up here, and was able to go dancing for the first time. In that entry I mentioned M for the first time. I really liked dancing with him..but that's a side note. I also documented the experience of having my Grandpa live with my family before he passed away. 
As I read through my year overseas, I began to see how different I have become. I have heard a few different comments lately of how much I've grown. Sometimes that's hard for me to believe because each change comes slowly. 
It is true though..I have gotten over many fears, like riding a bike (which I now love), rock climbing (awesome!), playing piano in front of people, fears of failure (I'm not a failure), and cooking food (which I now feel much more confident in).  
I have had to deal with new and exciting things, like having a boyfriend (exciting and harder than I thought), having the opportunity to see my photography, and learning how to love dancing for my own sake. 
I have dealt with medical frustrations, like headaches (still a problem) and my skin. I'm very happy to say that my skin is doing much better! And the cure was natural...water! It was just set at a more acidic level than usual. Praising God for however long I have without skin issues!
I just feel like in every situation, I respond differently now than I would have last year. That excites me. I'm almost 21 (woot!), and it's nice to begin feeling like an adult, finally. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment