The last week has been full of ups and downs for me. And the only answer I have is that I need to strengthen my relationship with my Creator. Everything in this life just falls apart when He's not included. I've had so many examples of that in this past week.
I've had a much harder time fighting Rejection and feelings of failure, and I've found myself thinking things that aren't necessary or true. I guess the positive thing I can take from that is that I'm actually recognizing these things as an issue now.
I've also had a lot of issues come up recently that don't directly deal with me, but I am affected by them, and I simply don't always know how to respond. The hardest has definitely been coming to know of the deep depression one of my friends is in right now. I'd appreciate prayers for my friend.
But, in these times of discouragement, God has blessed me with wonderful experiences that have completely blessed me.
Probably the highlight of my week was doing a 5k this morning in 45 minutes. I wasn't able to run the whole thing, but I'm still very happy with my result. I'm hoping I won't be a lot more sore tomorrow morning.
Today was full of blessings, including the wedding of good friends! It was beautiful.
Other fun things I did this week were teaching swing dancing twice, cooking some new foods, playing cards with some new friends at the nursing home, and going to a baseball game with M!
Today was full of blessings, including the wedding of good friends! It was beautiful.
Other fun things I did this week were teaching swing dancing twice, cooking some new foods, playing cards with some new friends at the nursing home, and going to a baseball game with M!
Throughout this week, I always noticed that no matter how down I felt, I still had a hope within me that was stronger than the despair. My down moods have lasted a while in some cases, but I never fail to cheer up at some point. i consider that a huge blessing. What a blessing it is to have the hope which is found only in Christ.
"Some trust in chariots; some trust in horses; but I will trust in name of the Lord"
You're a ray of sunshine, Linds!
ReplyDelete