I am feeling so blessed right now. The day didn't start off that well though. I woke up at 4:50am with my throat just burning. Oh it hurt sooo badly. But that was sufficient to wake me up. Usually when I wake up in the middle of the night, I end up being awake for a few hours. Today was no different. It was nice to find some internet in my apartment complex to keep me occupied. Not really anyone was on, considering how it was around 5:30am at this time.
But then a guy from my church was on! He works night shifts, so I actually caught him at a good time. We ended up talking on the phone for quite a while, and it was such a blessing. I truly am an extrovert, so going awhile without interaction with people is not easy for me. So being able to talk with him really helped. He even helped me fall asleep! What a nice guy. =D
The next blessing I received was when I went to work to eat some lunch. It is a family owned place, and so only the family was working today, but I knew that I needed to get some food before they're closed for the whole weekend. I bought my bowl of food and sat down and talked with the daughter. It was really nice just chatting with her. Than the wife came out with a bag full of food. The same food that I was eating, and it is so delicious! I couldn't help but tear up at her thoughtfulness. She knew that I didn't want to cook anything since I'm not feeling the best.
But that wasn't the end of it! About five minutes later, the husband came out to see if I'd like some Knoephla soup! Mhmmm, I love knoephla. It's like a German chicken dumpling soup. So, he gave me a quart of that, then his son came out with another quart of it. And then they gave me the rest of the dippin' dots that a customer brought in. My cup ran over with blessings. I couldn't express how grateful I was to them, but they understood.
I went in to get some food for lunch and I left with food for the whole weekend. All in all, they gave me four quarts of food, plus a big bag of cooked pasta, and the rest of the dippin' dots. Now I don't have to worry about cooking anything for the next few days, and I am so grateful for it.
No comments:
Post a Comment