Saturday, December 18, 2010

100 Posts!

Can you believe it? I've made it to 100 posts! As I was thinking about this fact, I thought about how this blog has affected me. I started this blog way back in March with no expectations. I had no idea whether I would have anything worthwhile to write about. At first it was just a way to get rid of the itch to write. I didn't feel like my words truly meant anything.

I had one last week in Germany when I had the opportunity to do street ministry in Hamburg, and it changed me. Though it wasn't my most read blog post, I feel like No Longer a Title was one of the most powerful posts for me. It was then that I realized that though my blog isn't huge, and I don't have thousands of readers, my words can still be a blessing to one person, and that's all that matters.

I continued to write posts about normal life and freely sharing how God has been working in me and around me. Another one of my favorite posts is Customer Blessings where I display God's excellent blessings through other people.

I also began writing Thankful Thursday posts. I never imagined when I started this blog that it would be a key ingredient to changing my attitude. I would never have called myself ungrateful, but my gratefulness has been kicked up a notch since I've had the opportunity to put such a focus on it.

When I realized that this would be my 100th post, I asked my facebook friends what I should write about. It was suggested that I list 100 things I'm thankful for. That suggestion couldn't have made me happier; apparently my blog is noticeably thankful. It is my joy to know that when people read my blog they go away with thankfulness. Maybe perhaps I have played a role in someone else being thankful to God for the blessings He has given them. What an honor that would be.

I don't need to be the most well-known blog, and I don't need a thousand readers. I just want to be a positive influence in someone's life, and with God's grace, I will do that. Here's to 100 more!

No comments:

Post a Comment