Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Going Far

It finally happened. After planning for around three months, I am finally in the windy city. I was pretty nervous to drive the five and a half hours by myself, but knew I could do it. Dad helped me pack up his truck on Monday night, and thankfully, most of it fit in the front cab! Yay for packing light! :D
Yesterday, I finished up my room and my last bit of packing and got on the road at 11am.
My drive was pretty uneventful. I had a few stressful moments, but it all worked out, and not a single person honked at me! I'm so glad I wasn't driving in Germany!!! I spent my time listening to some old tapes. Quite enjoyable if you ask me!
I got into town right around 4:30pm and met Laura and Edwin at Walmart! Then we went out to eat at Usher's House.


I might try and get a job there! :D

The evening was spent unpacking my belongings and organizing my room. Everything fits quite nicely! The only problem was that I left the cap to my air mattress back home.





At 10:30pm, Laura and I met Edwin at the Avalon to go dancing!! Woot!! I love dancing, but I don't know very much. I'm really excited to learn more. I danced mostly with Edwin, but I did dance with one other guy who teaches dance..so that was really nice! We got back around midnight I believe, and then started a Spanish movie with English subtitles. It was pretty funny! I didn't watch for too long though - I was super tired after my day!

Today my job hunt begins! Laura has several establishments that she wants me to apply at, and I'm really excited to see what comes out of this! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment