Over my life I have had several 'career' changes. I've wanted to a mailman, librarian, marine biologist, doctor, singer, actress, historian, photographer...plus more I'm sure. Most recently it has been between historian and photographer. The more I've thought about it, the more I've realized that I really don't want to study history OR photography! I love history, it's true..but I have a hard time remembering dates and other very important things! The thing that sticks with me is an impression of the event, not the minute details. I also have a passion for recreating an image into a picture, and I think I can do it well enough, but I don't want that to be my life...I want that to be for fun and fun only. I can't really see photography as a very stable job either.
So what, you ask, am I planning to do now? After much consideration I have come across that idea that I should study English. That might be surprising to some, especially considering my recent difficulties with my native tongue. I understand that a lot of this might have to deal with my teachers, but upon examining my previous courses again I saw how, despite having a history and an art class, I enjoyed my English class much more than the others! I have always been an avid reader and writer and I think with the correct training, I could become a successful editor. I know that there is a massive amount for me still to learn, but I know that reading and writing will always be something I enjoy doing.
We'll see how long it takes for a new idea to form in my head!
No comments:
Post a Comment