Wednesday, November 18, 2020

Thank you!

Recently, I found a miniseries on Facebook called “9 months with Courteney Cox” and I binge watched every episode they had available. It is all about the journey to become parents from all walks of life. Many of the stories were scary and hard. And many of them dealt with some form of fertility struggle. 


Watching this show was wonderful and difficult at the same time.  But overall, I am just so excited for the couples who made it through the nine months to have a baby at the end! 


There was one story of infertility that really touched me. They’d been married around 10 years I believe, and they had already tried so many things and had multiple incomplete pregnancies. In the end, they had a pregnancy survive and they had a gender reveal party. And as they were surrounded by friends and family cheering them on, I couldn’t hold back the tears. 


Watching them helped me remember the great circle of supporters we have as we navigate this journey ourselves. Sometimes it feels like we are completely alone and that so few people understand our experience. It is easy to feel invisible and like the struggle we’re facing isn’t as important as the struggles of others. It is so so hard to fight those thoughts on the bad days, but God has consistently sent us reminders of His faithfulness in the forms of our friends and family. 


I can’t tell you how many times I have been in despair over this heartache and a message will come in. Sometimes it will be someone who is consistently checking in, but it seems most often that the message will come from someone that I didn’t even know had been actively praying for us, or someone who I haven’t spoken with for ages. 


And as that message comes in, even for just a moment, I don’t feel quite so alone. I don’t feel invisible anymore. And watching this couple share in this precious moment with their loved ones gave me just a glimpse of what I feel confident we will experience one day. 


Whether via pregnancy or adoption, the day we are able to share that we are parents is going to be the absolute best! If we had never gone through this heartache and longing for children, it might have been different, but knowing just how much support we’ve received, one of the things I look forward to the most is just the amount of celebrating that will happen when our wait is over. I am so so grateful. I can’t even write this without tearing up thinking of you! The support that you have shown us; by sharing our story, helping spread the word, keeping your ears open, checking in, being excited with us at a potential opportunity and then sad with us when it doesn’t progress, and most of all, for praying for us; we could never express how much it means. 


Thank you for loving us in the good and the bad. Thank you for being patient with us when we are struggling to be patient ourselves. Thank you for not losing hope for us and our dreams. Thank you so very much for continuing to pray for us! 


While we have no potential opportunities right now, I’m still hopeful that someday soon we will be able to let you know that your prayers and support worked and we finally have a child to love for the rest of our lives. I can’t wait to have you all there for that day. 









No comments:

Post a Comment