In just three days it will be our 8 year wedding anniversary. That we would be at this point, with no earthly children, was unimaginable. For as long as I can remember, it has been my dream to be done bearing children by age 30. Yet, as my 30th birthday is only a few months away, I know it’ll take a miraculous adoption in order to have any children, much less be done having kids by 30. It is disappointing to be sure, but I recently read something that encouraged me so much! I have brought up this point in so many conversations lately, and I’m so grateful for the perspective change! For the past few weeks I’ve wondered where I heard this story, but I finally found it tonight and had to share it!
One Sunday morning, a pastor at her church preached about the passage in Esther 4:14 where Esther’s uncle says to her, “You were born for such a time as this.” This pastor explained that God had specific purposes for the times his own children were born – that the Lord had already prepared in advance the people they would meet, the world events they would be part of, and the specific moments in which God intended to use them. Michelle left the service that day realizing that it wasn’t just about her getting pregnant, it was about what God had planned for her child.—
When Infertility Books Aren’t Enough: Embracing Hope During Infertility
by Betsy Herman
It seems like such a simple idea, but it’s radically changed my heart. My children will be born for a specific time. Whether biological, adopted, in two months, or ten years, I know that my children will serve a purpose in God’s plan. How can I rightly ask or expect God to bring them to me before their time is here? That would be entirely selfish of me. As much as I long for children, I long even more for my future children to have a greater purpose, as so many of the children post infertility in the Bible were eventually seen to have.
He has given us so much encouragement that we will be parents one day. Do I wish that day was five years ago? Of course. But I know that every day of our wait will be worth it. God is using this time to change and grow us into the best parents for the children He will entrust to us.
He has given us so much encouragement that we will be parents one day. Do I wish that day was five years ago? Of course. But I know that every day of our wait will be worth it. God is using this time to change and grow us into the best parents for the children He will entrust to us.
It’s truly amazing to me just how deeply my patience has been affected for the good. The peace I feel right now is incalculable and I pray that God will continue to renew that peace in me, especially on the hard days. He has never ceased to be good to me, and I have utmost confidence in His unchanging character.

No comments:
Post a Comment