Friday, February 16, 2018

The Spiritual Impact of being an Empath

I know that this post might seem a little crazy to some, but I’m only going to describe my own  experiences. If you don’t think it’s possible to feel the presence of the spiritual world, you may not want to read further. 😜

As a young child I would have dreams. I remember a dream I had when I was around 5-6. It was all about my mom dying and becoming a ghost. It was terrifying. I can remember countless nightmares for you right now. Pretty much all of them had some element of the spiritual world. My most common dreams were about the end times described in Revelations. 

I’ve always been extremely aware of the  presence of the spiritual world. For me it is almost tangible, like a thickness in the air. Before I was adopted into God’s family at age ten, I remember that tangible feeling always containing the element of fear. 

As I grew in my faith I started learning how to protect myself from this spiritual fear. The absolute power of speaking the name of Jesus Christ is undeniable. The entire thickness in the air disappears immediately, and peace comes in like a smooth breeze. I started having more dreams about the greatest of God, of being in heaven with Him. I started feeling very clear words that God wanted me to speak to others. I’ve been in awe of how many times the words coming out of my mouth are not words that I want to be speaking. For instance, telling someone to not let me pressure them to do a project quickly, and all I wanted was to tell them to do it immediately! 

Being an empath means that I’m intuitively aware of my surroundings, and I think that is most interestingly represented with my dreams. I remember having a dream about the location of a book my sister hid from me. Low and behold, I checked there the next morning and there it was! (She wasn’t very happy with me! 😜) What I have become known for is the incredible dreams I have about pregnancies around me! Immediately, without any thought, I know of four dreams that sisters and friends were pregnant! Each time they had been waiting to tell me for various reasons. I’ve also had multiple dreams about pregnancies that accurately predicted gender! In fact, to date, I’ve only had one gender based dream that has not come to pass.

My favorite thing about being a spiritual empath is that God has named all my kids. You can read those stories in-depth here: Named By God

I’ve loved learning more what it means to be an empath. Would you consider yourself an empath like me?

No comments:

Post a Comment