I had the opportunity this last month to take a girls trip to California with J, and it was a blast! We headed on the road to Vegas around noon so we could see the city that night. I’ve never been there before, and I’m glad I went. Now I know that I don’t really want to go again. There were a few things I liked though. Eating at In-N-Out is always a favorite! And the buildings were truly beautiful!
 |
| The water show at the Bellagio was cool! |
There were several things I didn't like about Vegas. It is called Sin City for a reason, but I didn't really know how badly my senses would be accosted with the demeaning of women. It really bothered me, so much so that I know I'll never be going back to the strip again.
The next day was better, however! J and I went to the Hoover Dam for the first time. It was absolutely massive. It's truly amazing how they were able to construct it. The heights were a bit scary at times, but it was so cool to see!
 |
This was inside the power plant.
Those turbines continued another
40 feet under the ground! |
 |
| So glad we didn't have to drive this bridge! |
After the Hoover Dam, we drove on to California! The main reason we made the trip at this time was specifically to go to an event with our favorite podcast hosts! The show was so much fun. I laughed so much. And finally being able to meet them in person was such a thrill. My favorite part is that they knew who I was as soon as I said my name. I've talked to them so many times on the phone, it truly feels like we are friends.
 |
| The party has begun! |
 |
| We were in the second row! It was so fun to be so close. |
 |
| We enjoyed meeting Jason Gray. His music was such a good fit for the show. |
 |
| We met them!! Here are Brant and Sherri! Seriously, I'm still so excited to have met them. |
|
After the show, it was time to make our way to Laguna Beach to stay with J's family. They had a lovely home just a couple blocks from the beach. We spent a good portion of our day in California on the beach with good food (Whole Foods is the bomb) and Brant's great book!
 |
| We really had such a good time! |
As a thank you for staying at their house, J and I made supper! I was
quite pleased with how it turned out. And afterwards, we got to go
bowling! It was so much fun! I'm truly terrible at it, but I love it
anyway. I happened to have a fantastic streak of 7 gutter balls in a
row before they got the bumpers going for me. Hehe. I did have a few
strikes that didn't touch the bumpers at all though. So, I think I got
better with time.
We left the next morning around 4am, and I'm happy to say that I
finally drove in California. And yes, I'm the one who chose 4am so I
didn't have to worry about traffic. It was a long drive back to Salt
Lake, but we spent a lot of it listening to our new Jason Gray cds. It's
hard to beat a road trip!
P.S. You should totally check out Brant Hansen's podcast at
www.branthansen.com
No comments:
Post a Comment