So, I adjusted my thinking to having no diagnosis and was just starting to feel okay about it when my biopsy results came back. They were not normal. I got a diagnosis. I got the diagnosis I have anticipated for years.
My initial reaction was disbelief. Having gone through the stage of accepting no diagnosis, it was so overwhelming to wrap my head around this discovery.
I did more research. I talked to my support system. I eventually calmed down.
Now, a few days out, all I feel is relief! I have an answer! My concerns were validated in that one answer. I wasn't delusional about my symptoms. I wasn't just seeking attention. In one moment, every doctor who didn't believe me was proven to be wrong.
I feel so empowered by this experience. My thoughts and concerns have legitimacy. I do understand my body better than anyone expected.
I have a follow up appointment in a couple of weeks to discuss everything. From my current understanding, I have the best case scenario for this diagnosis. Things are still at a very low level of aggressiveness and might remain that way for a very long time. This is a result that I can handle and accept.
After multiple losses, years of pain and frustration, I can confidently say that I have surgically diagnosed Endometriosis, and I am at peace, at long last.
No comments:
Post a Comment