Sunday, June 9, 2013

The Waiting Continues

Yes, patience is still the lesson God is trying to teach me...only with a different subject now. We have been on the house hunt for quite a while now with little to show for it. The market in our area is crazy, and it's not uncommon for a house to sell within hours of listing.

We have learned a lot from all the (50+) houses we've seen...and our wants/needs list just seems to keep growing. It has been difficult to find a house that has every thing we need. The biggest problem has been the foundations. We've seen lots of lovely homes that have some serious issues.

One of the multiple offers we've submitted was actually accepted! We loved it..the location was good. It had a great back yard, and it really had a lot of character. We even had the home inspection done, and that's where we found out the foundation had some big problems. It was so disappointing! I was already moved in in my mind. But losing that house taught me not to hold too tightly to the things I have no control over.

We had to start at the beginning after that house....it had been our 3rd offer, then we did 2 more offers with nothing to show for it. I began to be very discouraged and frustrated with not knowing how much longer it would take! But God has been good. He has been keeping both of us busy which helps keep my mind off it for sure.

We are in the midst of doing another (our 6th) offer, and sadly I've lost a lot of my excitement at the process, but I know that Christ will be helping us make the right decisions. So now we just continue waiting....waiting.....waiting....

I know we'll get a house at some time...it just may not be in my timing, and I'm learning to be ok with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment