Tuesday, May 22, 2012
Changes
I miss it! I miss how things used to be. I miss when swing dancing was a huge part of my life and all my friends were dancing too. I miss all the games and movies we enjoyed together. I want to have a party right now, but I know it won't be the same! Three out of our group have moved away and the rest of us are just too busy to set aside that time for each other. I definitely have a part in that with all my wedding planning, so I'm to blame as well. I just miss all the friends. I suppose it is pretty strange to want things to be as they were, because I obviously wouldn't want to change the fact that I'm getting married, and that is a big enough change to throw everything off balance. *sigh* I can't have both my life as it is now along with the life I had when I first moved here, it is simply impossible. But I'm glad that my life has progressed to where it is now. I'm excited to be getting married in only eleven days! It is amazing how God has been working all these events together in such a way that has brought me to such a blessed stage of life. I really am blessed. What a blessing to have had that time of friends as I was first settling here. What a blessing to have grown closer to a few of them and to have retained them as my best friends. What a blessing to be where I am now as a young bride excited to see where the Lord will take us. My life is going to be turning upside down over our first year of marriage, but what a blessing to go through all of it together. Yes, I do miss the good ol' days, but I am blessed beyond measure.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment