Saturday, April 7, 2012

A Needed Absence

I haven't blogged in quite a while. I simply didn't feel I had anything important to say. But at the same time I have had so many life changing things happen in the time since my last post. The biggest and most exciting is that M and I are getting married! :D We are having a quick engagement and are tying the knot in June. I am so excited to start this new phase of my life. This period of time between dating and getting married has been much different than I expected. I have had to grow up a lot in the past month of being engaged. I have had the chance to ask advice from many of those who have gone on before me into the realm of matrimony. The most frequent piece of advice was to pick your battles. How true it is! =D I have had to learn and re-learn that some things are just not worth the fight and for the things I have no preference on, I should let his preferences dictate the outcome, just as he has done for me. A lot of things are changing for me now. Not only am I getting married and starting a new life with my husband, but I am also quitting my job and going with him during his military orders across the country. We'll be away from our home for over 3 months. What an experience that alone will be. I've got a lot look forward to in this year.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! Welcome to the World of the Military Wife!

    ReplyDelete