We all met up in Denver this past weekend for Nicole's first baby shower!! I will post pictures of that as well, but not until I'm cleared to let everyone know the baby's gender! Woot Woot! So, Bethany and I met up in Minneapolis airport on Thursday and only missed one flight before catching a plane out to Denver where Nicole picked us up. We mainly relaxed; games and talking were the main activities. It was so nice to see Chris and Nicole's new house and the things they have prepared for their new family member.
I got to feel the baby moving quite a bit. I've always wanted to feel that, but never really had the chance, so I figured that since she is my sister...it's okay to ask. :P Such an incredible thing to feel...to know that God is creating this small child inside of my sister! So strange, and so amazing! I cannot wait to meet this little one.
Anyway, Laura made it out on Friday and she, Bethany, and I hung out while Nicole worked. We spent a very enjoyable time doing some personality analysis tests. We love to analyze. Nicole wasn't feeling the best when she got home from work, so we all just hung out. I watched Chris make supper and was asking questions incessantly. Thankfully, he was very patient with me (at least outwardly) and answered all my questions. I still have so much to learn!
Nicole's baby shower was on Saturday, and thankfully, she was feeling up to it, but by this point, Bethany was out sick. So, the three of us went without her, as much as we hated to do it. It was nice to see all of Nicole's in-laws, some of our family, and a good friend of ours! It was a great time just to celebrate this new life joining our family. Unfortunately, by this time, I also, was not feeling the best, so as soon as we got back home we all basically crashed. Laura showed Chris and Boo all of Nicole's gifts, and that was good. :D We spent some time watching the first two episodes of America's Got Talent, which was quite fun! We all had to leave in the morning, so there wasn't too much other than packing going on.
So, we left the house before 7am yesterday and spent the day waiting and hoping for flights. We were blessed to get our three seats on the first flight out of Denver. Bethany was also fortunate to get on the first flight back to Iowa, and Laura and I hung out in Minneapolis for a few hours. We had heard that there was very little change of us getting on a plane before 7pm, and were so grateful when we actually got on the 5:15pm flight! Praise the Lord! We got back to the apartment around 6:30, I finally blew up my air mattress (since Boo brought the cap with her from home), and by 7:30pm I was out! My fever finally broke, and I woke up at 8:30pm. I just hung around until I fell back asleep at 9:30pm. The next thing I knew, it was 8 this morning!
I am feeling much better today, and am looking forward to what this week will bring! Hopefully meeting some more people, and getting even more settled in. Oh, and btw...I got the job! I applied for a job at a bakery/cafe, and found out on Friday that I had received the job. I am profoundly grateful for it, and hope to not be a disappointment to my new employers!! :D I will go in tomorrow to meet everyone, and will start training on Wednesday. Maybe I'll have something more interesting to blog about now! :D
No comments:
Post a Comment