Sunday, July 1, 2018

Defiant Hope

Sometimes I think hope is an act of defiance, one that God wants us to boldly commit. It’s daring to believe in spite of our losses, in spite of our disappointments. It’s refusing to throw away our confidence and trusting God to reward us because we don’t. It’s daring not to give up and instead, to get our hopes up anyway.”
  • Christine Caine

This was in my devotional this morning and it was so good! I love this so much! Our world is so dark, and there is so much sadness and hurt. Hope can seem foolish, but I am gonna hold on to the idea that it is defiant! It is not letting the world define who I am, or how I live my life. 

It is boldly declaring that my God is bigger than any circumstance I might face. That my God uses us in our circumstances. That my God has a greater plan than I could ever imagine! That my God knows better than I do what is in my best interest. It is an undying reassurance that my God will not turn away from hard questions. My God will come closer in the hard times.  Defiant hope is what makes me know that God has children out there that He wants us to love on. 

In the deepest moments of loss and pain, hope is what keeps me going. Hope that the babies I’ve lost have enjoyed the perfection of heaven. Hope that my losses will not destroy me. Hope that my story does not end with loss. Hope that my life will include the pattering of little feet. 



I’m choosing to live with defiant hope that my children are out there somewhere. What do you need to live for with defiant hope?

No comments:

Post a Comment