Well, it finally happened! After 6 months of looking at probably somewhere around 60ish houses, we actually own one! We moved in right at the end of July, and I'm happy to say we're almost all the way unpacked.
It has been an interesting adventure to be sure! There was one house we thought for sure was the right one, but God had other plans. I'm so glad that we have this house. It is so much better than the other houses we looked at. It's so wonderful to finally feel at home.
I'm hoping to do a video tour for you all, but it may take a while before my house is in fit condition to be seen. :P
We've been extremely blessed with some newer furniture and having the freedom to arrange things as we want! We also have a lot of plans to fix up the place the way we want. The longer we're here, the more I think we won't accomplish everything we set out to do, but I'm finding that we just might not need to do it. I had big plans to remodel the kitchen to make it more open, but now I don't think it really needs to be more 'open'.
The one project we can't delay on is the horrid peach/pink bathroom. Unbeknownst to us before buying the house, the horrid bathroom had some water damage. This means we'll have to replace a portion of the floor, and since we will already be fixing the floor, we'll need to buy new flooring, and since we're doing that we should buy a new tub/toilet to replace the horrid pink ones we have..yup, they're pink too. And then to finish it off, we'll make the tub into a shower! So that is our biggest project to undertake. I'm hoping it won't take us too long.
Thor has adjusted very well to living in the new house and is loving having a big back yard to play in all day. We've even been able to leave him outside for short amounts of time. It would be great if eventually he'd be able to stay outside all day! I'll leave pictures/video for another day. Thanks to those who have been praying for us in our efforts to buy a house, we really appreciate it!
No comments:
Post a Comment