So I have been dealing with still being unemployed lately and wondering what to do. I have put in countless applications over the last three months with nothing to show from it. I've only had one interview. It has been discouraging to say the least. This is especially the case since I do live in an area with a very healthy economy. *sigh*
Of course there are jobs that I could get (most likely at least) either in child care or food service. But I have been down that road. I have had those experiences. Granted getting cheap food is a great perk, that still doesn't pay for the trouble of putting my hands in a bad situation again.
It is hard to know where to turn to next. What avenue is the right one for me? I certainly don't know, do you? I don't want to get stuck in a job I don't enjoy. I do want to try something new and exciting. I want to work with people. I'd love to do so many different things.
The thought I've been having lately is this: What if I'm just not supposed to have a full time job right now?
It is so hard to know exactly what God wants sometimes. Do I continue trying to find a full time job, or do I take advantage of the time I have to be doing other things?
I've been working more in my church lately, and I really have been enjoying it! And I want to work with them more. I've had a few different ideas of how I can be more involved and can truly make a difference in my church and community. I've been blessed to have the opportunity to build relationships with members of the church because I do have time in the day to meet with them..
and I love it...
I am truly enjoying not having a full time job...
I love that I can plan to visit a new mother who lives a ways away because I don't have to rearrange work...
I love that I can help out another family with their kiddo when they have schedule conflicts...
I love having the chance to be a friend to people who don't have time to go to night events with the church...
I just love it..
I am seeing God working in my life by investing my time into other people...
I am learning so much by working one-on-one with people with different opinions...
I just love it..
I am seeing God working in my life by investing my time into other people...
I am learning so much by working one-on-one with people with different opinions...
I am experiencing how God is using my struggles and triumphs in a way that blesses other people...
And I want more.
I want to do more of this..
I want to connect..
I want to befriend..
I want to be counted on..
I want to be a blessing to others, because that in turn blesses me.
So, with all this, is God making this my full time job? Is He going to give me new connections to reach more people? I honestly don't know, but I am excited about that possibility.
No comments:
Post a Comment