I decided to use the main color as my base coat. I had a lot of problems with texture. It took many coats to get it how I wanted it.
Then I taped out the outline for my red boxes.
I have found that red paint requires a lot of coats to make it look truly red.
Here is the finished table with the gloss. And you even get a sneak peak of another project!
My second project is knitting Thor a sweater! I definitely admit that knitting is not my best skill, but, I am doing my best. Poor buddy is out-growing the sweater we bought him, so I need to hurry up! I'm nowhere close to being done with it. Unfortunately, knitting is a chore for me, so I'm finding it hard to be motivated. But I have been bringing it with me to friend's house to knit while watching movies.
This here is my third project! I finished this blanket a couple of days ago. It took me somewhere around 20-25 hours to complete. I enjoy crocheting a lot more than I do knitting, but it's not nearly as portable.
And here is the beginning of my next project. (Yes, I started this before finishing Thor's sweater. I'm such a mean mommy.) I'm doing another blanket with the same pattern as the first. The first blanket is for my nephew, and this is for my youngest niece.
A couple years ago I did a post about my baby gift for my eldest niece. It was a quilt that I'd made. And just a couple of weeks ago I got to thinking that it's just not fair for only the eldest child to get that from their Aunt Lizzie. So now I'm making up for lost time. I'm going to do my best to crochet a blanket for every future baby in my whole family. I'm also hoping to continue learning new stitches so I can make each blanket unique in some way.
It has been so nice for me to have these projects to keep me occupied. I love to be working on them while watching movies or listening to sermons. It makes the day go by so quickly, and I really feel like I accomplished something. I really enjoy working with my hands.
I've also really enjoyed teaching MMM how to both knit and crochet! He's done quite well, and I'm very proud of him for learning it. He has been helping me with Thor's sweater the most (hurray!), so hopefully we'll get it done soon.
What kind of projects have you been working on?
No comments:
Post a Comment