Saturday, December 1, 2012

Arizona Honeymoon - Part 3

After the dinner with our friends, we made the drive back down to Tucson where we would stay the rest of the week. Our first day in the little house was very relaxing. We went to the library and walked around and honestly didn't do that much.

The next day was great because I got to go to a spa with my grandma and then we went shopping! It was so much fun! I got some really cute heels and an awesome purse. (Awesome = lots of compartments).

I'm having a hard time remember what happened on each night but I can tell you that we ate supper at my grandma's house twice. One night we played games with them and had just tons of fun!! And the other night there was great because I got to play some of my piano pieces for them, and Grandma played the piano for us! I was so glad to be able to record her playing several pieces, including some of her original songs. What a blessing to get to hear her play.

On another night we joined them for supper at a Mexican restaurant. Oh man oh man, it was soooo tasty! They even had a dessert that was like deep fried tortilla apple pie..I can't remember what it was called, but it was amazing!


Our next adventure began here ^^ where we began our trek up the mountain!


We packed a backpack lunch which included 5 bottles of water!


This view really reminded me of the Black Forest. I wish we would have had our picnic there, but we weren't hungry just yet.



 We found this awesome tree that had the core completely burnt away!



This is where we stopped. It was probably about half way to the peak of the mountain. I was already feeling pretty tired, so down we went. The way up was 4 miles, and so we decided to try taking the steeping and shorter (2.2mi) trail back down. It was shorter in time, but only slightly.

It was so hard on my legs and knees that I was sore for probably three days! We did make it down.

The last thing on the to do list was going out for a fancy dinner. It was so amazingly delicious!! I had a Chicken Chowder soup that was divine. And then the main course was Wienerschnitzel! I had been wanting that for weeks and this restaurant had the best! It simply melted in your mouth. The cheesecake for dessert was also quite great!

Those are all the highlights from our honeymoon!


No comments:

Post a Comment