I have found myself astounded more than once at the way God works in my life, and who He works through! In my life I can think of several times where it has been those who've rejected Christ who have been the biggest blessing to me in those moments when things were more than I alone could handle. It makes me wonder why God uses the lost and not the church. Hmm? I'm not sure. Either way, I'm very grateful for the blessings God has given me, whether through His own or not.
Today was another case of God using someone who is lost to help me and bless me. I have a co-worker who is an atheist, and though he doesn't talk about it often, it is still evident in his life. We typically do not agree on anything that matters politically, spiritually, and personally. He is quite a bit older than I am, and has seen a lot more of the world than I have. Despite our frequent differences of opinion, I can honestly say I find him to be wise in the ways of the world.
He has a way of speaking that is considerate and kind and not demeaning. I can't even recount all the questions I've asked him, from religion to science, politics to relationships, and even to cooking. And he's always answered in a way that didn't make me feel like a fool for not knowing in the first place. I really appreciate that.
Anyway, today was a really nice conversation with him..probably one of our more serious. And it was truly such a blessing to talk out different things that have been running through my head. Though I still don't agree with everything he says, I've definitely learned a lot from him, and I'm very glad to have him as a co-worker. I'm so thankful that God is capable of using the lost to bring glory to Himself. It's pretty incredible.
No comments:
Post a Comment